Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Cartoon Terrorists

Terrorism is a seriuos subject, and needs to be seen as such. But sometimes, you see an image, or you read about something and laugh. You don't mean to, you know it's serious, but you laugh anyway.

For example, I was reading National Review and saw this passage:



[The] Egyptian-born preacher is charged with inciting murder and “stirring up racial hatred.” (He is also wanted in the U.S. on a 2004 indictment for, among other things, providing material support to al-Qaeda.) In sermons at his London mosque, many recorded, Abu Hamza urged followers to kill Jews, non-Muslims, and apostates from Islam.

Serious stuff. But then I saw a picture:



How do you NOT laugh at that??? I mean, the guy has a freaking Hook for a hand! How is this guy (Abu Hamza) - with his one-eyedness, tongue sticking out, hook-handed - not the poster boy in the American Media of what terrorists look like? How have their been no cartoons about this guy? I mean, HE HAS A FREAKING HOOK HAND!

I wonder if it screws of and he can put other things on it. Now that would make him the coolest terroist around.

Do they let him into court with that thing? Damn, I just can't stop laughing.

1 comment:

Reva said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I think you know what your spring break project must be.