Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Airport Fashion

I'm glad I was careful in selecting what shirt to wear when I flew to Raleigh last week or I might have ended up like this guy:


An airline passenger claimed that a security guard threatened to arrest him
because he was wearing a T-shirt showing a cartoon robot with a gun.
Brad
Jayakody, 30, from London, said he was stopped from passing through security at
Heathrow's Terminal 5 after his Transformers T-shirt was deemed
'offensive.'

Awesome. If you read the whole article, you find out that it was offended because Optimus Prime was holding... a gun!

Yes, now it's not just acutal weapons that are prohibited, but images of weapons that are. I wonder if I show up with a T-shirt of some toothpaste that's not in a quart-sized ziploc bag if I'll be let on the plane.

My only consolation here is that this was in London.

No comments: