Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Hard Week

As predicted, the last week at work was brutal. I travelled out near Glamis, CA to do some seismic refraction and resistivity work there. I worked 18 hours on Thursday, about 15 on Friday and got paid for 8 each day. Some days...

As if that wasn't irritating enough, I forgot my work boots at the office, so I was left destroying a pair of tennis shoes instead, so now I have to go back out and buy some shoes. And it rained on us, not that that stopped us from working straight through it. So now my legs are sore from swinging a 20-lb. sledge hammer, my hands are sore from pounding in 112 stakes into the ground, and my neck is sore from carrying a crap load of equipment.

Not a pleasant week, but at least it's over. Times like this, I wish I had a desk job...

No comments: